Tips for safe partying
- Always remember to pre-plan your party. It allows you time to go over every detail. Decide if you will supply the drinks or make it BYO. Either way, it is always a good idea to have plenty of soft drinks available. Provide food at the party (eating slows down the rate alcohol is absorbed).
- Ensure that there is some supervision or security. This helps discourage any trouble. Notify the local Police (it provides them with a contact name and number should any assistance be needed).
- Have a start and finish time for the party. This allows people to pre-arrange transport.
- Let the neighbours know, maybe even invite them? This avoids any problems that could be caused by noise or parking. Have a set layout for the party. It can mean the difference between a good party and a great party. Only have one entrance or exit. This makes it easier to control who comes in and out of the party.
- Place the bar as far as possible away from the entrance. Ensure there is plenty of room for people to dance and move around. Place the food and snacks at various points in the room.
- DON'T: Allow gatecrashers into the party. There is nothing worse than having your party spoilt by people you don't invite.
- DO: Enjoy yourself!
Victoria Police Partysafe Program
Partysafe allows you to register your party with the police and if called to your party, they have all the information they need to know. When you register your party at your local police station, you will receive a Partysafe information kit. The kit contains all the information you need about strategies that will assist in making your party safe and enjoyable for your guests.